Next Election - City General- November 5, 2019
- Last day to register in any manner other than in-person with the Local Clerk for the November 5, 2019 election is Monday, October 21, 2019
- Up to 4:00 pm on November 4, 2019 - Electors may obtain an absent voter ballot in-person in the Clerk’s office
- On Election Day - November 5, 2019 - Election day registrants may obtain and vote an absent voter ballot in person in the Local Clerk’s office or vote in-person in the proper precinct. Additional instructions will be provided by Clerk staff at time of in person registration.
Sample Ballot for November 5, 2019 - - - posted when available
VERIFY YOU ARE REGISTERED TO VOTE TRACK YOUR ABSENTEE BALLOT
- - - - - - - - - - - -
When are the polls open?
Voting hours for all elections are 7:00 am to 8:00 pm.
Photo identification is required at the polls. See City Clerk, downloads section for a detailed explanation of acceptable forms of photo identification.
Where do residents of the City of Grosse Pointe vote?
All registered voters who live int he City vote at Maire School, 740 Cadieux Road. (Parking lot entrance is off of Waterloo).
Am I eligible to vote?
Qualified voters must be able to answer yest to the following statements:
- You are a citizen of the United States
- You are a resident of the State of Michigan for 30 days
- You are a resident of the City of Grosse Pointe
How do I obtain an Absentee Ballot?
Any registered voter who cannot go to the polls on election day may obtain an Absentee Ballot. You may apply in person or by mail - as early as 75 days in advance and up to 5:00 pm the Saturday proceeding the election. Note: A written request for an Absentee Ballot must include your signature.
Absentee Ballot Application - NEW FORM COMING SOON - - click here or under the Downloads section, under City Clerk.
Track Your Absentee Ballot
Is there a Permanent Absentee Ballot Application Mailing List?
Yes. If you would like an application for an Absentee Ballot mailed to you approximately 6 weeks prior to the election, please submit a request in writing (email is acceptable), using the AV Perm List Request form (link coming soon), or call (313) 885-5800. A voter who submits a request will have their name placed on the permanent list; which allows an application to be mailed to you prior to each election.
How do I register to Vote in the City of Grosse Pointe? Updates on registration deadlines coming soon.
Register in person during regular business hours at the City Clerk's Office or register at your local Secretary of State. The 14th day preceding the election is the deadline for registering to vote other than in person at the Local Clerk's office. Remember! If you move, even within the Pointes, you must re-register at the new address. A name change also requires re-registration.
You can verify your voter registration status at the State of Michigan website at: www.michigan.gov/sos or at the City Clerk's Office.
Because I registered to vote by mail and have not voted in Michigan before, I must vote in person. Is there a way I can vote absentee?
Under Michigan law, if you register to vote by mail, you must appear in person to vote in the first election in which you wish to participate (this provision does not apply if you are 60 years old, disabled, or an overseas voter.)